Solar Cookers: Green Modern Kits and The Alternative Energy Store have partnered to work together to provide you with the best solar and energy-conservation solutions. If you are on MySpace, feel free to see photos of our solar cooking experiments on our profile and read about our trials and tribulations on our green building group.
Global Sun Oven™
The Ultimate Solar Appliance!
- Cooks Any Kind of Food with the Power of the Sun - No Fuel Needed!
- Reaches Temperatures of 360 to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit!
- Totally Safe - No Danger of Fire!
- Used Daily in 126 Countries Around the World! Ruggedly Built for Years of Trouble-Free Use!
- As Portable as a Small Suitcase!
Why Use A Sun Cooker?
What can I cook in a Global Sun Oven?
Anything you can cook in a conventional electric or gas oven can be cooked in a Global Sun Oven. You can bake, boil and steam using any of your favorite recipes.
What is the cooking temperature range?
The Global Sun Oven will reach temperatures of 360 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The oven will generally reach its maximum temperature as it is being preheated. The temperature will drop when food is placed in the chamber.
Will food prepared in a Global Sun Oven taste
the same as food prepared in my conventional oven?
The food tastes much better! Solar cooking allows many of the natural flavors of food, which get baked out in conventional ovens, to remain. The slow, even rise in temperatures in a Global Sun Oven gives the complex carbohydrates time to break down into simple sugars allowing subtle natural flavors to emerge. Sun baked foods stay moist, the natural internal juices do not bake out, resulting in a superior, moist taste and much less shrinkage.
How long does it take?
Cooking times are close to the same as those in a conventional oven. Because the sun is often trying to run away and hide behind clouds, cooking times can vary. At times it may take a little longer. The factors that affect the cooking time are: the quality of the sunlight at the time you are cooking, the types and quantities of the food being cooked, and how often the oven is being refocused.
Sun BD Corporation Tulsi-Hybrid Solar Oven
The Tulsi-Hybrid Solar Oven is a Hybrid! 4 appliances in 1:
- Solar Oven
- Crock Pot
- Slow Cook
- Portable Campsite Oven
Keeps on cooking when other solar ovens quit! The Tulsi-hybrid has back up thermostatically controlled electric heaters which control oven temperature for ultimate food safety protection. Luminous display switches light up when running on electric and turn off when completely on solar power.
It is easy to use, portable, sets up in seconds and is safer to use because there are no dangerous open flames!
The Tulsi-Hybrid solar cooking oven can be operated in any one of three ways:
The Tulsi-Hybrid Solar Cooking Oven can be a solar oven all by itself. Simply point the Tulsi-Hybrid towards the sun and adjust the back reflector panel to shine the sun’s sunlight into the oven’s dark cooking chamber. It’s that easy.
The Tulsi-Hybrid Solar Cooking Oven can be an electric oven all by itself. The Tulsi-Hybrid is thermostatically controlled and cycles on and off after reaching cooking temperature. It’s so easy to use just plug the Tulsi-Hybrid’s power cord into any standard 110-volt electrical outlet. The power source can be from the electric company, a DC/AC inverter, or any back up generator. Highest Wattage required: 400 watts (+/- 10%).
The Tulsi-Hybrid Solar Cooking Oven can be used in combination solar oven and electric oven. We call using both solar and electric in combination - peace of mind. It’s the best of all worlds. You can solar cook more often and never have to worry about clouds again. When the sun is out the oven acts as a solar oven but when the sun disappears the oven acts as an electric oven cycling itself on and off between electric and solar when the sun reappears. Forget the roller coaster cooking temperatures and the threat of bacterial food poisoning that can happen with solar only ovens. The Tulsi-Hybrid’s two setting thermostat automatically controls and maintains the cooking temperature inside the oven chamber so your food is always safe and cooked to perfection even when the weather isn’t.
You will never find another solar oven like the Tulsi-Hybrid, it’s the ONLY Hybrid Solar Oven sold in America.
- Rugged 95% reflective one-piece reflector panel… (Higher reflectivity than a standard glass mirror)
- Double paned oven window instead of the typical single pane… (Condensation virtually eliminated)
- Double rubber oven seals instead of a single seal… (Better long term heat retention)
- Attachable “Temp. Booster “ Reflector panels for Higher Temperature Cooking ( Can reach 400 degF)
- Larger internal cooking chamber… (Cook 4 different foods at one time)
- Accessories… (Everything you need to get started solar
cooking from day one)
- 2 side reflector panels
- 4 cooking grade stainless steel black pans
- 1 oven glove
- 1 internal oven thermometer
- 1 instructional CD w/ recipes
- 1 power cord
- 24/7 electric back-up system is energy efficient using typically 75% less electrical energy than your standard in-house oven… (The cost to operate is pennies)
- Rugged suitcase design offers clamshell like protection to internal parts. (Sets up in seconds: Simple as opening a suitcase)
- Portable for easy transporting… (Fits in the trunk of your vehicle)
- Larger cooking range: Canada to the tip of South America… (You cannot out travel the Tulsi-Hybrid)
- Peace of mind: Solar-Electric/Daytime/Anytime… (Always in case of an emergency.)